Who is the author?
Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani is one of the world’s most prominent scholars of the Islamic sciences and former Justice of the High Court of Pakistan. Born at Deoband, India, in 1943, he studied with leading ‘ulamā’ in Karachi and elsewhere. His main fields of expertise are Hadith, jurisprudence, Sufism, and economics. Mufti Usmani has published numerous books and articles, in Urdu, Arabic and English, on these and other aspects of Islamic studies.
Short Courses -
Aim and Objectives
The aim of this course is to understand:
- The role and conduct of politics and political activity in Islam in the light of the Qur’ān and the Prophetic Sunnah
- The Islamic concept of government
- Guidelines for the process of forming a government
- Rules and procedures for running a government
- The Islamic injunctions concerning defence and foreign policy
- The circumstances in which it may become permissible to remove a ruler or government from office.